A Well-Rounded and Knowledgeable Background
Karen Fenske applies her wealth of experience in assisting clients reach their financial goals.
Karen has developed a world of financial coaching knowledge through practical experience in a variety of sectors. This provides the basis for excellence in leading the Fenske Financial Coaching team and delivering meaningful client outcomes.
A Focus on Finance & Business
• RRC Registered Retirement Consultant Designation Candidate.
• 4 years as a Financial Adviser with a national investment company:
○ Provided full spectrum retirement & financial planning.
○ Developed over 200 comprehensive personal financial plans.
○ Delivered child and youth financial literacy workshops.
○ Achieved the Pillar Award for achievement in Year Three.
• 6 years as a Licensed Insurance Agent.
• Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) Degree from Ryerson University.
• Canadian Association of Gift Planners Graduate.
• Strategic Human Resources Graduate, Royal Roads University.
• 30 years as a Business & Organizational Development professional.
• Up-to-date business registration and errors & omission insurance.
A Focus on Communication, Mediation,
& Group Facilitation
• 16 years as a Myers-Briggs Practitioner
• 2 years as a Child Protection Worker for Family & Child Services.
• 10 years as a Strategic Planning Project Manager & Governance Coach.
• 2 years as a Tribunal Judge for the Ministry of Human Resources.
• Crisis Line Volunteer Manager
• Managing Conflict in the Workplace Certification
A Focus on Agriculture
• Owner and Consultant of Stratpoint Solutions for 10 years:
○ Developed comprehensive 3-5 year strategic plans, facilitated small and large group meetings, and management organizational development projects.
○ Clients included BC Cherry Association, BC Tree Fruits, BC Cranberry Marketing Commission, BC Vegetable Marketing Commission, Raspberry Industry Development Council, BC Blueberry Council, Certified Organic Associations of BC, Farmers Market Association of BC.
• BC4H Fund Development Officer
• COABC Executive Director and Administrator
• Writer for BC Grower